May 14 will be remembered as another May Day, When man forgot every chasm and every bay
By Joe Palathunkal
Praying beyond borders, praying without walls
Praying together in unison holding all souls
In agony and anxiety raising minds and hearts
To exorcise a virus that held all as captives.
When hearts are united in pain and sufferings
God’s mercy flows in torrents and cascades
Washing all the iniquities asking us to promise
Never again we will build walls between humans.
May 14 will be remembered as another May Day
When man forgot every chasm and every bay
To keep a vampire virus everywhere at bay
To proclaim being human is the only best way.
If we unite and raise our bleeding hearts to God
No better repentance and prayer for Him to behold
And the unity of agonizing human hearts will build
A universal sanctuary where God will always abide.
(May 14, 2020: Day of Universal Prayer to heal the world of Corona pandemic.)
- Europe struggles to contain coronavirus infections
- Irish Bishop encourages care for elderly persons amid Covid-19 crisis
- Zayed Award judging panel begins search for 2021 winner
- Nigeria: Archbishop dares to hope for change
- Conference: “The milestones of the Integral ecology for a human Economy”
- Pope: foster dignity and combat poverty to care for creation
- Covid: a sustainable future is possible if governance changes