The International Labour Organization’s (ILO) 2021 report on World Employment and Social Outlook includes concerning figures for the labour market. The recently-released report indicates that the planet would be 75 million jobs short at the end of the year compared to the situation if the pandemic had not occurred.Read more here )
- Zambias first President, Kenneth Kaunda, has died.
- UN: desertification and drought hit 3.2 billion people
- UNICEF calls for investment in climate-resilient water infrastructure in Africa
- Another Catholic priest arrested by Myanmar military
- COP26: Faith and Science event to highlight efforts against climate crisis
- Holy See: Combat trafficking in persons through culture of respect, dignity
- Pope names ecclesiastical assistant for Dicastery for Communication