True treasure is the joy of sharing
The real joy consists in sharing our treasures with others. What we need therefore is clarity of vision. We need that inner eye which determines what is real and unreal.
The Word of God today revolves around two facts. One is regarding the authentic treasure and the other is the capacity to identify it. Jesus tells us not to store up treasures for ourselves while we live on the earth.
Any earthly property can be stolen or get decayed. The day we die our wealth is not anymore ours. We can neither take them with us to heaven nor to hell. Jesus desires that we store up that treasure which will never fail us.
The real joy consists in sharing our treasures with others. What we need therefore is clarity of vision. We need that inner eye which determines what is real and unreal. A person who cannot see beyond property or money or power or status or fame is truly in darkness. She/he needs the light of Christ.
Let us not get worried about the earthly treasures but rather seek the company of Jesus the true treasure and create a loving bond with God, with His Son Jesus and all the creation. -- Bro. K. Suresh, 2nd Year Theology
- US Cardinal leads liturgy in Rome in solidarity with Floyd protests
- Pope encourages â€œLazareâ€ Association for 10 years of sharing solidarity
- Cardinal Farrell: Church unity concerns the whole people of God
- Zagreb Cardinal advocates for integral religious education
- Pope encourages Scholas Occurrentes to help others find meaning in life
- Colombian Bishops concerned about threats against social leaders
- Pope on Environment Day: We cannot pretend to be healthy in a world that is sick