Tree is known by the fruits
“A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit” Jesus often speaks in images and figurative language.
“A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit” Jesus often speaks in images and figurative language. A tree is identified by its fruit.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruits. Jesus applies this principle to the prophets and explains that we can recognize prophets by their fruits. The character of a prophet is revealed in his teachings and actions.
False prophets cannot but be disobedient and evil while good persons live in harmony. Good fruits describe good works that arise out of being faithful to God while bad fruits are linked to disobedience and moral impurity.
One’s behaviour flows from one’s character. It is time to look into ourselves and see what kind of tree we represent and what kind of fruit we bear.
But it is all about our character which depends upon our fidelity to God and fidelity to the mission which is entrusted to us. -- Bro. Pramod Baliar Singh
- US Cardinal leads liturgy in Rome in solidarity with Floyd protests
- Pope encourages â€œLazareâ€ Association for 10 years of sharing solidarity
- Cardinal Farrell: Church unity concerns the whole people of God
- Zagreb Cardinal advocates for integral religious education
- Pope encourages Scholas Occurrentes to help others find meaning in life
- Colombian Bishops concerned about threats against social leaders
- Pope on Environment Day: We cannot pretend to be healthy in a world that is sick