The 12 promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
The devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus dates back to the Eleventh Century. The heart of Jesus is adored as a symbol of his threefold love: human, spiritual and divine.
The devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus dates back to the Eleventh Century.
The heart of Jesus is adored as a symbol of his threefold love: human, spiritual and divine.
The first feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was celebrated on August 31st 1670 in Rennes, France.
It has been a long standing and much revered tradition of consecrating onself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Do you know that Pope Leo XIII consecrated the entire world to the Sacred Heart of Jesus? Such is the faith and love that the Church has towards Jesus.
Jesus even made 12 promises to those who honour the Sacred Heart. He told St Margaret Mary Alacoque:
1. "I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life."
2. "I will give peace in their families."
3. "I will console them in all their troubles."
4. "I will be their refuge in life and especially in death."
5. "I will abundantly bless all their undertakings."
6. "Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy."
7. "Tepid souls shall become fervent."
8. "Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection."
9. "I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated."
10. "I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts."
11. "Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart."
12. "In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour."
On this Feast of the Most Sacred Heat of Jesus, have you consecrated yourself?
- Southern Africa: Bishops thank Pope Francis for his concern over recent disturbances.
- Pope Francis appeals for Lebanon on first anniversary of Beirut explosion
- Pope at Audience: There is only one Gospel
- Myanmar Church invites all religions to national prayer campaign
- DR Congo: Vandals target residence of Kinshasas Archbishop
- Pope Francis to resume General Audiences in Paul VI Hall
- Let us pray for parish priests everywhere