St. Gatian of Tours
St. Gatian of Tours was the first bishop of Tours in France
St. Gatian of Tours was the first bishop of Tours in France, and is said to be a disciple of Saint Denis of Paris. Arriving in a pagan land, completely untouched by the Good News, Gatian scattered the first seeds of the faith in the region of Tours, laying the foundations of the Church in the city of the great Saint Martin.
Saint Gatian died in 337.
- Europeans vote in elections for EU Parliament
- Pope at Regina Coeli: Holy Spirit teaches and animates the Church
- Pope names new head of dicastery for inter-religious dialogue
- Pope to Italo-Albanians: Pass on spiritual partimony to your children
- Pope Francis: prenatal diagnosis no excuse for abortion
- â€œEl Portavozâ€ â€“ a portrait papal spokesman Joaquin Navarro Valls
- Caritas Sri Lanka: fighting fear, promoting reconciliation