St. Gatian of Tours
St. Gatian of Tours was the first bishop of Tours in France
St. Gatian of Tours was the first bishop of Tours in France, and is said to be a disciple of Saint Denis of Paris. Arriving in a pagan land, completely untouched by the Good News, Gatian scattered the first seeds of the faith in the region of Tours, laying the foundations of the Church in the city of the great Saint Martin.
Saint Gatian died in 337.
- Prefect of Dicastery for Communication: Tornielli and Monda are bridge-builders
- Pope makes new appointments at Vatican Media
- Pope, UN, Caritas focus on people on the move on International Migrants Day
- Pope Francis: Good politics is at the service of peace
- The Psalms – For chanting one’s way to reach the feet of God
- Nigerian Bishops direct priests not to be involved in partisan politics
- 39-year old Metropolitan Epiphanius elected head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church