Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Sanctuary of life
“Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table.” (Psalm 128)
Every family is - as Pope John Paul II calls - a sanctuary of life where life is born, nourished, cared for, protected and promoted.
Psychology and sociology will prove that family is indeed a sanctuary where the lamp of life keeps on burning.
But new thoughts and new ideas are everywhere to give the utmost importance to independence and individuality.
These are not bad in themselves because we find God created a human being as a single person. But at the same time, God had a second thought and felt that a human being should not be alone and so Eve was created.
Adam and Eve together gave birth to human family and He blessed them with children showing that family must be a sanctuary of life where human life must continue uninterrupted.
The duty of a Christian is to safeguard this sanctuary with a perspicacious understanding of individuality because Jesus came to give us abundance of life as a member of the family at Nazareth.
The words of Pope John Paul II resonate the same: “Willed by God in very action of creation, marriage and family are interiorly ordained to fulfillment in Christ.”
- Salesian missionaries bring hope to the caged
- Radicalization and religious extremism in Ethiopia: A threat to development
- Christians in Jharkhand protest the "state-sponsored harassment"
- Attitude decides altitude
- Pope takes young couple by surprise on their wedding day
- Missionaries of Charity sisters drowned in a quagmire of criticisms
- July: The month of three significant pilgrim centres