Readings of the day: Wednesday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Praise the LORD. I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
Reading forr the day
Reading forr the day
1 Timothy 3:14-16
- 14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these instructions to you so that,
- 15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.
- 16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.
Response: How great are the works of the Lord!
- 1 Praise the LORD. I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
- 2 Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who have pleasure in them. R
- 3 Full of honor and majesty is his work, and his righteousness endures for ever.
- 4 He has caused his wonderful works to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and merciful. R
- 5 He provides food for those who fear him; he is ever mindful of his covenant.
- 6 He has shown his people the power of his works, in giving them the heritage of the nations. R
Gospel for the day
- 31 "To what then shall I compare the men of this generation, and what are they like?
- 32 They are like children sitting in the market place and calling to one another, `We piped to you, and you did not dance; we wailed, and you did not weep.'
- 33 For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine; and you say, `He has a demon.'
- 34 The Son of man has come eating and drinking; and you say, `Behold, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!'
- 35 Yet wisdom is justified by all her children."
- Amazon Synod Briefing: Networking and co-responsibility
- Elections in Africa must not be a curse on the people
- Ivereigh’s Pope Francis: A “wounded shepherd” struggling to convert the Church
- Indonesian bishops expectations from Widodos second term
- Reading for the day: Wednesday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time
- Grant us grace to become a sunbeam in shadows
- Lord Jesus, we thank you for the many graces and gifts