Readings of the Day: Wednesday of the Third Week of Lent
Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion! For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your sons within you.
Reading for the Day
Reading for the Day
Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9
- 1 "And now, O Israel, give heed to the statutes and the ordinances which I teach you, and do them; that you may live, and go in and take possession of the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, gives you.
- 5Behold, I have taught you statutes and ordinances, as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should do them in the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
- 6 Keep them and do them; for that will be your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who, when they hear all these statutes, will say, `Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.'
- 7 For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the LORD our God is to us, whenever we call upon him?
- 8 And what great nation is there, that has statutes and ordinances so righteous as all this law which I set before you this day?
- 9 "Only take heed, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life; make them known to your children and your children's children
Psalms 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20
Response: Praise the Lord, Jerusalem
- 12 Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
- 13 For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your sons within you. R
- 15 He sends forth his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly.
- 16 He gives snow like wool; he scatters hoarfrost like ashes. R
- 19 He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and ordinances to Israel.
- 20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation; they do not know his ordinances. Praise the LORD! R
Gospel for the Day
- 17 "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
- 18 For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
- 19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- Cyberspace â€“ a new environment for worship
- Pope at Mass: We pray for those who remain in fear
- Take Away the Stone: Jesus has a message in these pandemic times
- Covid-19: A global ceasefire to protect the vulnerable
- First positive responses to appeal for global ceasefire
- Litany of Supplication used at special Urbi et orbi
- Angelus: Pope appeals for global ceasefire amid Covid pandemic