Readings of the day: Wednesday of the Tenth Week in Ordinary Time
O LORD our God, thou didst answer them; thou wast a forgiving God to them, but an avenger of their wrongdoings.
Reading for the Day
2 Corinthians 3:4-11
- 4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God.
- 5 Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God,
- 6 who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not in a written code but in the Spirit; for the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life.
- 7 Now if the dispensation of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such splendor that the Israelites could not look at Moses' face because of its brightness, fading as this was,
- 8 will not the dispensation of the Spirit be attended with greater splendor?
- 9 For if there was splendor in the dispensation of condemnation, the dispensation of righteousness must far exceed it in splendor.
- 10 Indeed, in this case, what once had splendor has come to have no splendor at all, because of the splendor that surpasses it.
- 11 For if what faded away came with splendor, what is permanent must have much more splendor.
Response: Holy is the Lord our God
- 5 Extol the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he! R
- 6 Moses and Aaron were among his priests, Samuel also was among those who called on his name. They cried to the LORD, and he answered them. R
- 7 He spoke to them in the pillar of cloud; they kept his testimonies, and the statutes that he gave them. R
- 8 O LORD our God, thou didst answer them; thou wast a forgiving God to them, but an avenger of their wrongdoings. R
- 9 Extol the LORD our God, and worship at his holy mountain; for the LORD our God is holy! R
Gospel for the Day
- 17 "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
- 18 For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
- 19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- Popes charity reaches out again to Covid-hit countries
- Zambias first President, Kenneth Kaunda, has died.
- UN: desertification and drought hit 3.2 billion people
- UNICEF calls for investment in climate-resilient water infrastructure in Africa
- Another Catholic priest arrested by Myanmar military
- COP26: Faith and Science event to highlight efforts against climate crisis
- Holy See: Combat trafficking in persons through culture of respect, dignity