Readings of the Day: Tuesday of the Twenty-eighth Week in Ordinary Time
Let thy steadfast love come to me, O LORD, thy salvation according to thy promise; And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in thy ordinances.
Reading for the Day
- 1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand fast therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
- 2 Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.
- 3 I testify again to every man who receives circumcision that he is bound to keep the whole law.
- 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
- 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait for the hope of righteousness.
- 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love.
Psalms 119:41, 43, 45, 47-48
Response: Let your mercy come to me, O Lord.
- 41 Let thy steadfast love come to me, O LORD, thy salvation according to thy promise;
- 43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for my hope is in thy ordinances. R
- 45 and I shall walk at liberty, for I have sought thy precepts.
- 47 for I find my delight in thy commandments, which I love. R
- 48 I revere thy commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on thy statutes.
Gospel for the Day
- 37 While he was speaking, a Pharisee asked him to dine with him; so he went in and sat at table.
- 38 The Pharisee was astonished to see that he did not first wash before dinner.
- 39 And the Lord said to him, "Now you Pharisees cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of extortion and wickedness.
- 40 You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also?
- 41 But give for alms those things which are within; and behold, everything is clean for you.
- Pope signs Rome 2020 Appeal for Peace
- Pope Francis: No one is saved alone
- India: Protests continue against arrest of elderly Jesuit priest
- Pope to participate in Moment of prayer for peace
- Holy See urges integral ecology for disaster risk management
- COVID-19 in Africa: Serious social and economic shocks ahead
- Patriarch Bartholomew on “Fratelli tutti”: abandon indifference and cynicism