Readings of the Day: Tuesday of the Thirty-third Week in Ordinary Time
He who walks blamelessly, and does what is right, and speaks truth from his heart; who does not slander with his tongue, and does no evil to his friend.
Reading for the Day
Revelation 3:1-6, 14-22
- 1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: `The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. "`I know your works; you have the name of being alive, and you are dead.
- 2 Awake, and strengthen what remains and is on the point of death, for I have not found your works perfect in the sight of my God.
- 3 Remember then what you received and heard; keep that, and repent. If you will not awake, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come upon you.
- 4 Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white, for they are worthy.
- 5 He who conquers shall be clad thus in white garments, and I will not blot his name out of the book of life; I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.
- 6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'
- 14 "And to the angel of the church in La-odice'a write: `The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
- 15 "`I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot!
- 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.
- 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing; not knowing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.
- 18 Therefore I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may be rich, and white garments to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nakedness from being seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.
- 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and chasten; so be zealous and repent.
- 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
- 21 He who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I myself conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.
- 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"
Response: Those who are victorious I will feed from the tree of life.
- 2 He who walks blamelessly, and does what is right, and speaks truth from his heart;
- 3 who does not slander with his tongue, and does no evil to his friend, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor; R
- 4 in whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear the LORD; who swears to his own hurt and does not change; R
- 5 who does not put out his money at interest, and does not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved. R
Gospel for the Day
- 1 He entered Jericho and was passing through.
- 2 And there was a man named Zacchae'us; he was a chief tax collector, and rich.
- 3 And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not, on account of the crowd, because he was small of stature.
- 4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was to pass that way.
- 5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchae'us, make haste and come down; for I must stay at your house today."
- 6 So he made haste and came down, and received him joyfully.
- 7 And when they saw it they all murmured, "He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner."
- 8 And Zacchae'us stood and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have defrauded any one of anything, I restore it fourfold."
- 9 And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham.
- 10 For the Son of man came to seek and to save the lost."
- Middle East Council of Churches appeals for stability in the Caucasus
- Chilean Archbishop denounces shooting of two minors in foster home
- WMO alarmed over record CO2 levels in atmosphere
- Mexico: Festival of the Virgin of Guadalupe cancelled due to pandemic
- 28 November: an unprecedented Consistory in times of Covid-19
- Pope authorizes 8 decrees on candidates to sainthood
- Germany warns of Coronavirus vaccine race between rich and poor