Readings of the day: Tuesday of the Third Week of Easter
Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Reading of the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading of the day
- 51 "You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you.
- 52 Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,
- 53 you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it."
- 54 Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth against him.
- 55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;
- 56 and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God."
- 57 But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together upon him.
- 58 Then they cast him out of the city and stoned him; and the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul.
- 59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
- 60 And he knelt down and cried with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
- 1 And Saul was consenting to his death. And on that day a great persecution arose against the church in Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the region of Judea and Sama'ria, except the apostles.
Psalms 31:3-4, 6-8, 17, 21
Response: Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
- 2 Incline thy ear to me, rescue me speedily! Be thou a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me!
- 3 Yea, thou art my rock and my fortress; for thy name's sake lead me and guide me, R
- 5 Into thy hand I commit my spirit; thou hast redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.
- 6 Thou hatest those who pay regard to vain idols; but I trust in the LORD.
- 7 I will rejoice and be glad for thy steadfast love, because thou hast seen my affliction, thou hast taken heed of my adversities, R
- 16 Let thy face shine on thy servant; save me in thy steadfast love!
- 20 In the covert of thy presence thou hidest them from the plots of men; thou holdest them safe under thy shelter from the strife of tongues. R
Gospel for the day
- 30 So they said to him, "Then what sign do you do, that we may see, and believe you? What work do you perform?
- 31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, `He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'"
- 32 Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven; my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
- 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven, and gives life to the world."
- 34 They said to him, "Lord, give us this bread always."
- 35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst.
- Prefect of Dicastery for Communication: Tornielli and Monda are bridge-builders
- Pope makes new appointments at Vatican Media
- Pope, UN, Caritas focus on people on the move on International Migrants Day
- Pope Francis: Good politics is at the service of peace
- The Psalms – For chanting one’s way to reach the feet of God
- Nigerian Bishops direct priests not to be involved in partisan politics
- 39-year old Metropolitan Epiphanius elected head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church