Readings of the day: Tuesday of the Tenth Week in Ordinary Time
"You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trodden under foot by men.
Reading for the Day
2 Corinthians 1:18-22
- 18 As surely as God is faithful, our word to you has not been Yes and No.
- 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we preached among you, Silva'nus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No;
- but in him it is always Yes.
- 20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why we utter the Amen through him, to the glory of God.
- 21 But it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has commissioned us;
- 22 he has put his seal upon us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
Psalms 119:129-133, 135
Response: Lord, let your face shine on me.
- 129 Thy testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them.
- 130 The unfolding of thy words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. R
- 131 With open mouth I pant, because I long for thy commandments.
- 132 Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is thy wont toward those who love thy name. R
- 133 Keep steady my steps according to thy promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
- 135 Make thy face shine upon thy servant, and teach me thy statutes. R
Gospel for the Day
- 13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trodden under foot by men.
- 14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.
- 15 Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
- 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- Covid-19: UK records biggest daily rise in cases
- Popes charity reaches out again to Covid-hit countries
- Zambias first President, Kenneth Kaunda, has died.
- UN: desertification and drought hit 3.2 billion people
- UNICEF calls for investment in climate-resilient water infrastructure in Africa
- Another Catholic priest arrested by Myanmar military
- COP26: Faith and Science event to highlight efforts against climate crisis