Readings of the day: Tuesday of the First Week of Lent
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Reading for the day
Reading for the day
- 10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return not thither but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
- 11 so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which
- I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Psalms 34:4-7, 16-19
Response: From all their distress God rescues the just.
- 3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!
- 4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. R
- 5 Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.
- 6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
- 15 The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous, and his ears toward their cry. R
- 16 The face of the LORD is against evildoers, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
- 17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.
- 18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. R
Gospel for the day
- 7 "And in praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
- 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
- 9 Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
- 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.
- 11 Give us this day our daily bread;
- 12 And forgive us our debts, As we also have forgiven our debtors;
- 13 And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil.
- 14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
- 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Safeguarding during Covid-19: A Victims Perspective
- Why we pray during a global pandemic
- Russia admits higher Covid-19 deathtoll amid journalist detentions
- Covid-19 and the future of the European economy
- Covid-19: Masses resume in Timor-Leste churches
- Venezuelan Bishops appeal for transformative national plan
- Webinars aim to strengthen Churchs safeguarding best practices