Readings of the Day: Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Easter
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Reading for the Day
- 19 But Jews came there from Antioch and Ico'nium; and having persuaded the people, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing that he was dead.
- 20 But when the disciples gathered about him, he rose up and entered the city; and on the next day he went on with Barnabas to Derbe.
- 21 When they had preached the gospel to that city and had made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Ico'nium and to Antioch,
- 22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.
- 23 And when they had appointed elders for them in every church, with prayer and fasting they committed them to the Lord in whom they believed.
- 24 Then they passed through Pisid'ia, and came to Pamphyl'ia.
- 25 And when they had spoken the word in Perga, they went down to Attali'a;
- 26 and from there they sailed to Antioch, where they had been commended to the grace of God for the work which they had fulfilled.
- 27 And when they arrived, they gathered the church together and declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.
- 28 And they remained no little time with the disciples.
Psalms 145:10-13, 21
Response: Your friends tell the glory of your kingship, Lord.
- 10 All thy works shall give thanks to thee, O LORD, and all thy saints shall bless thee!
- 11 They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and tell of thy power, R
- 12 to make known to the sons of men thy mighty deeds, and the glorious splendor of thy kingdom.
- 13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endures throughout all generations. The LORD is faithful in all his words, and gracious in all his deeds. R
- 21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever. R
Gospel for the Day
- 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- 28 You heard me say to you, `I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.
- 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place, you may believe.
- 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me;
- 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go hence.
- The ministry of catechist: A service with ancient roots that looks to the future
- Bishops of Britain and Scotland call for protection of vulnerable migrants
- Eight Killed In Russian School Shooting
- Jerusalem: Patriarchs and Heads of Churches appeal for an end to violence
- Afghanistan: Taliban announce three-day ceasefire for Muslim holiday
- Pope establishes ministry of catechist
- Over 1,000 migrants arrive on Italian island