Readings of the Day: Tuesday in the Octave of Easter
Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."
Reading for the Day
- 36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."
- 37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?"
- 38 And Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him."
- 40 And he testified with many other words and exhorted them, saying, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation."
- 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
Psalms 33:4-5, 18-20, 22
Response: The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. Or:Alleluia.
- 4 For the word of the LORD is upright; and all his work is done in faithfulness.
- 5 He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. R
- 18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love,
- 19 that he may deliver their soul from death, and keep them alive in famine. R
- 22 Let thy steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in thee. R
Gospel for the Day
- 11 But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb;
- 12 and she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet.
- 13 They said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him."
- 14 Saying this, she turned round and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus.
- 15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom do you seek?" Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away."
- 16 Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to him in Hebrew, "Rab-bo'ni!" (which means Teacher).
- 17 Jesus said to her, "Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
- 18 Mary Mag'dalene went and said to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord"; and she told them that he had said these things to her.
- Pope appeals for peace and reconciliation in eastern Ukraine
- Pope at Regina Coeli: Christianity is closeness, contact, care and joy
- Pope and UN refugee agency chief discuss people on the move
- German Ecumenical Week for Life focuses on "Life when Dying"
- Vatican wishes the “explosion of pure joy” of circus will soon return
- Covid-crisis exacerbates conditions of poverty in Haiti
- UN envoy: diplomatic unity key to help end Yemen war