Readings of the day: Tuesday after Epiphany
As he went ashore he saw a great throng, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2,880/-
Reading for the day
1 John 4:7-10
- 7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God.
- 8 He who does not love does not know God; for God is love.
- 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.
- 10 In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins.
Psalms 72:1-4, 7-8
Response: Lord, every nation on earth will adore you.
- 0 A Psalm of Solomon. R
- 1 Give the king thy justice, O God, and thy righteousness to the royal son!
- 2 May he judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with justice!
- 3 Let the mountains bear prosperity for the people, and the hills, in righteousness! R
- 6 May he be like rain that falls on the mown grass, like showers that water the earth!
- 7 In his days may righteousness flourish, and peace abound, till the moon be no more! R
Gospel for the day
- 34 As he went ashore he saw a great throng, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things.
- 35 And when it grew late, his disciples came to him and said, "This is a lonely place, and the hour is now late;
- 36 send them away, to go into the country and villages round about and buy themselves something to eat."
- 37 But he answered them, "You give them something to eat." And they said to him, "Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread, and give it to them to eat?"
- 38 And he said to them, "How many loaves have you? Go and see." And when they had found out, they said, "Five, and two fish."
- 39 Then he commanded them all to sit down by companies upon the green grass.
- 40 So they sat down in groups, by hundreds and by fifties.
- 41 And taking the five loaves and the two fish he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples to set before the people; and he divided the two fish among them all.
- 42 And they all ate and were satisfied.
- 43 And they took up twelve baskets full of broken pieces and of the fish.
- 44 And those who ate the loaves were five thousand men.
- Reflections for the Feast of Corpus Christi
- When the movie Shazam taught me a thing or two about Christian Life!
- Scores die in ethnic violence between herdsmen and farmers in Mali
- Migrants and refugees. Contributions and present challenges
- Murder charges filed over downing of flight MH17
- Pope in Naples: migration and theology in the Mediterranean
- Kidnapped Catholic priest freed in Nigeria