Readings of the day: Thursday of the Twenty-third Week in Ordinary Time
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Reading for the day
Reading for the day
- 12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience,
- 13 forbearing one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
- 14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
- 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful.
- 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Response: Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
- 1 Praise the LORD! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament!
- 2 Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his exceeding greatness! R
- 3 Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp!
- 4 Praise him with timbrel and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! R
- 5 Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
- 6 Let everything that breathes praise the LORD! Praise the LORD! R
Gospel for the day
- 27 "But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
- 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.
- 29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt.
- 30 Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again.
- 31 And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.
- 32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
- 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
- 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
- 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish.
- 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
- 37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
- 38 give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back."
- Abp. Lori: Fr McGivney was a Pope Francis priest before there was a Pope Francis
- Covid-19: UN says protecting refugees and migrants benefits all
- New charges brought in George Floyd killing as protests continue
- UN: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- Philippine Christian leaders unite against new anti-terrorism law
- Northern Ireland Assembly votes to reject Westminster abortion laws
- Ghana: With so many Christians in government, why does corruption persist?