Readings of the day: Thursday of the Tenth Week in Ordinary Time
It is right to praise you in Zion, O God.
Reading for the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
1 Kings 18:41-46
- 41 And Eli'jah said to Ahab, "Go up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of the rushing of rain."
- 42 So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Eli'jah went up to the top of Carmel; and he bowed himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees.
- 43 And he said to his servant, "Go up now, look toward the sea." And he went up and looked, and said, "There is nothing." And he said, "Go again seven times."
- 44 And at the seventh time he said, "Behold, a little cloud like a man's hand is rising out of the sea." And he said, "Go up, say to Ahab, `Prepare your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you.'"
- 45 And in a little while the heavens grew black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode and went to Jezreel.
- 46 And the hand of the LORD was on Eli'jah; and he girded up his loins and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.
Response: It is right to praise you in Zion, O God.
- 9 Thou visitest the earth and waterest it, thou greatly enrichest it; the river of God is full of water; thou providest their grain, for so thou hast prepared it. R
- 10 Thou waterest its furrows abundantly, settling its ridges, softening it with showers, and blessing its growth. R
- 11 Thou crownest the year with thy bounty; the tracks of thy chariot drip with fatness.
- 12 The pastures of the wilderness drip, the hills gird themselves with joy. R
Gospel for the day
- 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
- 21 "You have heard that it was said to the men of old, `You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.'
- 22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, `You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.
- 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
- 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
- 25 Make friends quickly with your accuser, while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison;
- 26 truly, I say to you, you will never get out till you have paid the last penny
- Pope to Finnish delegation: Ecumenical journey is not optional
- Pope Francis suppresses Ecclesia Dei Commission
- Pope at ecumenical Vespers: Recall Gods summons to justice
- Vatican’s doctrinal office and heads of Asia’s doctrinal commissions conclude meeting
- Bhatebandar Mata Velankanni Church: Lourdes of Mumbai
- Matters of the heart
- Are we united enough in the name of Lord?