Readings of the day: Thursday of the Fourteenth Week in Ordinary Time
Let us see your face, Lord, and we shall be saved.
Reading for the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
Hosea 11:1-4, 8-9
- 1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
- 2 The more I called them, the more they went from me; they kept sacrificing to the Ba'als, and burning incense to idols.
- 3 Yet it was I who taught E'phraim to walk, I took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them.
- 4 I led them with cords of compassion, with the bands of love, and I became to them as one, who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them.
- 8 How can I give you up, O E'phraim! How can I hand you over, O Israel! How can I make you like Admah! How can I treat you like Zeboi'im! My heart recoils within me, my compassion grows warm and tender.
- 9 I will not execute my fierce anger, I will not again destroy E'phraim; for I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst, and I will not come to destroy.
Psalms 80(79):2-3, 15-16
Response: Let us see your face, Lord, and we shall be saved.
- 1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou who leadest Joseph like a flock! Thou who art enthroned upon the cherubim, shine forth
- 2 before E'phraim and Benjamin and Manas'seh! Stir up thy might, and come to save us! R
- 14 Turn again, O God of hosts! Look down from heaven, and see; have regard for this vine,
- 15 the stock which thy right hand planted. R
Gospel for the day
- 7 And preach as you go, saying, `The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
- 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying, give without pay.
- 9 Take no gold, nor silver, nor copper in your belts,
- 10 no bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor a staff; for the laborer deserves his food.
- 11 And whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy in it, and stay with him until you depart.
- 12 As you enter the house, salute it.
- 13 And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it; but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
- 14 And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town.
- 15 Truly, I say to you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomor'rah than for that town.
- In fact, the Kingdom of God is among you
- Pope Francis’ lunch with the poor
- Pope at Mass: go up to God to go down to others
- Pope prays for peace in Central African Republic and for victims of California fire
- Card. Turkson urges limiting emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance
- Ghana’s Bishops saddened by migration ask Caritas Ghana to step-in
- Pope Francis and the ‘spilled cup of coffee’