Readings of the day: Third Sunday of Easter
Lord, let your face shine on us.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
Acts 3:13-15, 17-19
- 13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him.
- 14 But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,
- 15 and killed the Author of life, whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.
- 17 "And now, brethren, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did also your rulers.
- 18 But what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ should suffer, he thus fulfilled.
- 19 Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
Psalms 4:2, 4, 7-9
Response: Lord, let your face shine on us. or: R. Alleluia.
- 1 Answer me when I call, O God of my right! Thou hast given me room when I was in distress. Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer. R
- 3 But know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him. R
- 6 There are many who say, "O that we might see some good! Lift up the light of thy countenance upon us, O LORD!" R
- 7 Thou hast put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. R
- 8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for thou alone, O LORD, makest me dwell in safety. R
Second reading for the day
1 John 2:1-5
- 1 My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
- 2 and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
- 3 And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
- 4 He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
- 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly love for God is perfected. By this we may be sure that we are in him:
Gospel for the day
- 35 Then they told what had happened on the road, and how he was known to them in the breaking of the bread.
- 36 As they were saying this, Jesus himself stood among them.
- 37 But they were startled and frightened, and supposed that they saw a spirit.
- 38 And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do questionings rise in your hearts?
- 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones as you see that I have."
- 41 And while they still disbelieved for joy, and wondered, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
- 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish,
- 43 and he took it and ate before them.
- 44 Then he said to them, "These are my words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled."
- 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures,
- 46 and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead,
- 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
- 48 You are witnesses of these things.
- Pope Francis, Asian Bishops, others renew solidarity with Sri Lanka after blasts
- Pope at Regina Coeli: “The risen Jesus walks beside us”
- Pope at Regina Coeli on Easter Monday: Full text
- Estonian priest, WWII veteran, and former Vatican Radio employee dies at 93
- We Are ‘Easter People’
- Resurrection as a spiritual experience
- Pope recalls 70th anniversary of first papal TV appearance