Readings of the day: The Seventh Day in the Octave of Christmas
Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.
Reading for the Day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the Day
1 John 2:18-21
- 18 Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.
- 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out, that it might be plain that they all are not of us.
- 20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all know.
- 21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and know that no lie is of the truth.
Psalms 96:1-2, 11-13
Response: Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice!
- 1 O sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth!
- 2 Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. R
- 11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
- 12 let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the wood sing for joy R
- 13 before the LORD, for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with his truth. R
Gospel for the day
- 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 2 He was in the beginning with God;
- 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
- 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
- 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
- 7 He came for testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him.
- 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness to the light.
- 9 The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world.
- 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not.
- 11 He came to his own home, and his own people received him not.
- 12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
- 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
- 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.
- 15 (John bore witness to him, and cried, "This was he of whom I said, `He who comes after me ranks before me, for he was before me.'")
- 16 And from his fulness have we all received, grace upon grace.
- 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
- 18 No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.
- Pope to Finnish delegation: Ecumenical journey is not optional
- Pope Francis suppresses Ecclesia Dei Commission
- Pope at ecumenical Vespers: Recall Gods summons to justice
- Vatican’s doctrinal office and heads of Asia’s doctrinal commissions conclude meeting
- Bhatebandar Mata Velankanni Church: Lourdes of Mumbai
- Matters of the heart
- Are we united enough in the name of Lord?