Readings of the day: The Seventh Day in the Octave of Christmas
Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.
Reading for the Day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2,880/-
Reading for the Day
1 John 2:18-21
- 18 Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.
- 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out, that it might be plain that they all are not of us.
- 20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all know.
- 21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and know that no lie is of the truth.
Psalms 96:1-2, 11-13
Response: Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice!
- 1 O sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth!
- 2 Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. R
- 11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
- 12 let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the wood sing for joy R
- 13 before the LORD, for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with his truth. R
Gospel for the day
- 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 2 He was in the beginning with God;
- 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
- 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
- 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
- 7 He came for testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him.
- 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness to the light.
- 9 The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world.
- 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not.
- 11 He came to his own home, and his own people received him not.
- 12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
- 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
- 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.
- 15 (John bore witness to him, and cried, "This was he of whom I said, `He who comes after me ranks before me, for he was before me.'")
- 16 And from his fulness have we all received, grace upon grace.
- 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
- 18 No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.
- Pope: Franciscan life marked by fraternity, littleness, peace
- Synod for the Amazon: Instrumentum Laboris released
- Argentina investigates major power cut
- Niger: Protesters set fire to Christian Church
- Pablo Fajardo: Farmer and lawyer from the Amazon
- Forgiveness creates a world without enemies
- Pope in Camerino: Meeting with First Communion children