Readings of the day: The Epiphany of the Lord
Give the king thy justice, O God, and thy righteousness to the royal son! May he be like rain that falls on the mown grass, like showers that water the earth!
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
- 1 Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
- 2 For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you.
- 3 And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
- 4 Lift up your eyes round about, and see; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons shall come from far, and your daughters shall be carried in the arms.
- 5 Then you shall see and be radiant, your heart shall thrill and rejoice; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you.
- 6 A multitude of camels shall cover you, the young camels of Mid'ian and Ephah; all those from Sheba shall come. They shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall proclaim the praise of the LORD.
Psalms 72:1-2, 7-8, 10-13
Response: Lord, every nation on earth will adore you
- 0 A Psalm of Solomon.
- 1 Give the king thy justice, O God, and thy righteousness to the royal son! R
- 6 May he be like rain that falls on the mown grass, like showers that water the earth! R
- 7 In his days may righteousness flourish, and peace abound, till the moon be no more! R
- 9 May his foes bow down before him, and his enemies lick the dust! R
- 10 May the kings of Tarshish and of the isles render him tribute, may the kings of Sheba and Seba bring gifts! R
- 11 May all kings fall down before him, all nations serve him! R
- 12 For he delivers the needy when he calls, the poor and him who has no helper.R
Second Reading for the day
Ephesians 3:2-3, 5-6
- 2 assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you,
- 3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly.
- 5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
- 6 that is, how the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
Gospel for the day
- 1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying,
- 2 "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to worship him."
3 When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him;
- 4 and assembling all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
- 5 They told him, "In Bethlehem of Judea; for so it is written by the prophet:
- 6 `And you, O Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for from you shall come a ruler who will govern my people Israel.'"
- 7 Then Herod summoned the wise men secretly and ascertained from them what time the star appeared;
- 8 and he sent them to Bethlehem, saying, "Go and search diligently for the child, and when you have found him bring me word, that I too may come and worship him."
- 9 When they had heard the king they went their way; and lo, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came to rest over the place where the child was.
- 10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy;
- 11 and going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.
- 12 And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.
- More than 1 million people face hunger as rains fail in Kenya
- Holy See: Church is committed to integral ecology of indigenous people
- Wanted: Joseph
- Pope at Audience: God seeks each one of us personally
- Pope urges support for victims of Cyclone Idai in southeast Africa
- Pope General Audience: English Summary
- New Video on the Life of Irish Missionary, Sr. Dr.Miriam Duggan FMSA