Readings of the day: The Baptism of the Lord
The Lord will bless his people with peace
Reading for the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
- 1 "Ho, every one who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
- 2 Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Hearken diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in fatness.
- 3 Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David.
- 4 Behold, I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples.
- 5 Behold, you shall call nations that you know not, and nations that knew you not shall run to you, because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you.
- 6 "Seek the LORD while he may be found, call upon him while he is near;
- 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD.
- 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- 10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return not thither but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
- 11 so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Psalms 29:1-2, 3-4, 3, 9-10
Response: The Lord will bless his people with peace
- 1Give to the LORD, you sons of God, give to the LORD glory and praise,
- 2 Give to the LORD the glory due his name; adore the LORD in holy attire. R
- 3The voice of the LORD is over the waters, the LORD, over vast waters.
- 4 The voice of the LORD is mighty; the voice of the LORD is majestic. R
- 3The God of glory thunders, and in his temple all say, "Glory!"
- 9The LORD is enthroned above the flood;
- 10the LORD is enthroned as king forever. R
Gospel for the day
- 7 And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
- 8 I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
- 9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
- 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove;
- 11 and a voice came from heaven, "Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased."
- Pope to Finnish delegation: Ecumenical journey is not optional
- Pope Francis suppresses Ecclesia Dei Commission
- Pope at ecumenical Vespers: Recall Gods summons to justice
- Vatican’s doctrinal office and heads of Asia’s doctrinal commissions conclude meeting
- Bhatebandar Mata Velankanni Church: Lourdes of Mumbai
- Matters of the heart
- Are we united enough in the name of Lord?