Readings of the day: St. John, Apostle, Evangelist
The LORD reigns; let the earth rejoice; let the many coastlands be glad! Clouds and thick darkness are round about him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
1 John 1:1-4
- 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and touched with our hands, concerning the word of life --
- 2 the life was made manifest, and we saw it, and testify to it, and proclaim to you the eternal life which was with the Father and was made manifest to us --
- 3 that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you may have fellowship with us; and our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
- 4 And we are writing this that our joy may be complete.
Psalms 97:1-2, 5-6, 11-12
Response: Rejoice in the Lord, you just!
- 1 The LORD reigns; let the earth rejoice; let the many coastlands be glad!
- 2 Clouds and thick darkness are round about him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.
- 5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth. R
- 6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness; and all the peoples behold his glory.
- 11 Light dawns for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart. R
- 12 Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous, and give thanks to his holy name!
Gospel for the day
- 1 Now on the first day of the week Mary Mag'dalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.
- 2 So she ran, and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him."
- 3 Peter then came out with the other disciple, and they went toward the tomb.
- 4 They both ran, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first;
- 5 and stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in.
- 6 Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; he saw the linen cloths lying,
- 7 and the napkin, which had been on his head, not lying with the linen cloths but rolled up in a place by itself.
- 8 Then the other disciple, who reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed;
- More than 1 million people face hunger as rains fail in Kenya
- Holy See: Church is committed to integral ecology of indigenous people
- Wanted: Joseph
- Pope at Audience: God seeks each one of us personally
- Pope urges support for victims of Cyclone Idai in southeast Africa
- Pope General Audience: English Summary
- New Video on the Life of Irish Missionary, Sr. Dr.Miriam Duggan FMSA