Readings of the Day: Solemnity of Saint Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
I will sing of thy steadfast love, O LORD, for ever; with my mouth I will proclaim thy faithfulness to all generations.
Reading for the Day
Reading for the Day
2 Samuel 7:4-5, 12-14, 16
- 4 But that same night the word of the LORD came to Nathan,
- 5 "Go and tell my servant David, `Thus says the LORD: Would you build me a house to dwell in?
- 12 When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.
- 13 He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
- 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. When he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men;
- 16 And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before me; your throne shall be established for ever.'"
Psalms 89:2-5, 27, 29
Response: The son of David will live for ever.
- 1 I will sing of thy steadfast love, O LORD, for ever; with my mouth I will proclaim thy faithfulness to all generations.
- 2 For thy steadfast love was established for ever, thy faithfulness is firm as the heavens. R
- 3 Thou hast said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant:
- 4 `I will establish your descendants for ever, and build your throne for all generations.'" R
- 26 He shall cry to me, `Thou art my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.'
- 28 My steadfast love I will keep for him for ever, and my covenant will stand firm for him. R
Gospel for the Day
Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
- 13 The promise to Abraham and his descendants, that they should inherit the world, did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.
- 16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his descendants -- not only to the adherents of the law but also to those who share the faith of Abraham, for he is the father of us all,
- 17 as it is written, "I have made you the father of many nations" -- in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.
- 18 In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations; as he had been told, "So shall your descendants be."
- 22 That is why his faith was "reckoned to him as righteousness."
- Saudi-led coalition announces Yemen ceasefire
- Gospel Truth for Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020
- Covid-19: Holy See thanks China for aid
- Epidemics, quarantines, empty churches: historical precedents
- Covid-19: Holy Week in poverty-stricken Haiti
- Knights of Columbus support Vatican broadcasts during Holy Week
- Covid-19: Faith accompaniment for people with disabilities amid pandemic