Readings of the Day: Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man to whom the LORD imputes no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
Reading for the Day
Leviticus 13:1-2, 44-46
- 1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron,
- 2 "When a man has on the skin of his body a swelling or an eruption or a spot, and it turns into a leprous disease on the skin of his body, then he shall be brought to Aaron the priest or to one of his sons the priests,
- 44 he is a leprous man, he is unclean; the priest must pronounce him unclean; his disease is on his head.
- 45 "The leper who has the disease shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry, `Unclean, unclean.'
- 46 He shall remain unclean as long as he has the disease; he is unclean; he shall dwell alone in a habitation outside the camp.
Psalms 32:1-2, 5, 11
Response: You are my refuge, Lord; withdeliverance you surround me
- 1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
- 2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD imputes no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. R
- 5 I acknowledged my sin to thee, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"; then thou didst forgive the guilt of my sin. R
- 11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart! R
Second Reading for the Day
1 Corinthians 10:31--11:1
- 31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- 32 Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God,
- 33 just as I try to please all men in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.
- 1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
Gospel for the Day
- 40 And a leper came to him beseeching him, and kneeling said to him, "If you will, you can make me clean."
- 41 Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, "I will; be clean."
- 42 And immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean.
- 43 And he sternly charged him, and sent him away at once,
- 44 and said to him, "See that you say nothing to any one; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, for a proof to the people."
- 45 But he went out and began to talk freely about it, and to spread the news, so that Jesus could no longer openly enter a town, but was out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter.
- Abp of Birmingham: Popes Iraq visit an impetus for dialogue and hope
- Pope to journalists on flight: "Fraternity is the way forward"
- Pope sends greetings of peace during flight from Iraq
- Pope Francis thanks Our Lady upon return from Iraq visit
- Senegal: Protest erupt following arrest of opposition figure
- Munitions blast leaves trail of destruction in Equatorial Guinea city
- Pope bids farewell to Iraq after a historic visit