Readings of the Day: Saturday of the Twenty-seventh Week in Ordinary Time
As he said this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts that you sucked!"
Reading for the Day
- 22 But the scripture consigned all things to sin, that what was promised to faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
- 23 Now before faith came, we were confined under the law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed.
- 24 So that the law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith.
- 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian;
- 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
- 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
- 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
- 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
Response: The Lord remembers his covenant for ever.
- 2 Sing to him, sing praises to him, tell of all his wonderful works!
- 3 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice! R
- 4 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his presence continually!
- 5 Remember the wonderful works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered, R
- 6 O offspring of Abraham his servant, sons of Jacob, his chosen ones!
- 7 He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. R
Gospel for the Day
- 27 As he said this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts that you sucked!"
- 28 But he said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"
- Cardinal Czerny: Pope Francis social teaching inspires a Church "going out"
- Cardinal Parolin: “All will go well” with the Holy See/China Agreement
- Popes charity reaches out to families of shipwrecked crew
- "Francesco": a new documentary on the life and teaching of Pope Francis
- Faith and symbolism at Romes interreligious Meeting for Peace
- Give us O God, great popes like Saint John Paul II
- Pope at audience: psalms lead to adore God and love His children