Readings of the day: Saturday of the Sixth Week of Easter
The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted!
Reading for the Day
Reading for the Day
- 23 After spending some time there he departed and went from place to place through the region of Galatia and Phryg'ia, strengthening all the disciples.
- 24 Now a Jew named Apol'los, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, well versed in the scriptures.
- 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John.
- 26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue; but when Priscilla and Aq'uila heard him, they took him and expounded to him the way of God more accurately.
- 27 And when he wished to cross to Acha'ia, the brethren encouraged him, and wrote to the disciples to receive him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed,
- 28 for he powerfully confuted the Jews in public, showing by the scriptures that the Christ was Jesus.
Psalms 47:2-3, 8-10
Response: God is king of all the earth.
- 1 Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!
- 2 For the LORD, the Most High, is terrible, a great king over all the earth. R
- 7 For God is the king of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm!
- 8 God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne. R
- 9 The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted! R
Gospel for the Day
- 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father, he will give it to you in my name.
- 24 Hitherto you have asked nothing in my name; ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
- 25 "I have said this to you in figures; the hour is coming when I shall no longer speak to you in figures but tell you plainly of the Father.
- 26 In that day you will ask in my name; and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
- 27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from the Father.
- 28 I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and going to the Father."
- US Bishops: Systematic racism led to the death of George Floyd
- â€œWe run togetherâ€: An instance of solidarity amid trying times
- Vaticans Migrant & Refuges Section issues weekly bulletin on Covid-19
- Fr. Michael McGivney: Coronavirus victim and soon-to-be Blessed
- Philippine Bishops warn against online child sexual predators
- Nigerian Christian Association calls for security consciousness
- Bishops of Northern Ireland contest new abortion law