Readings of the Day: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Reading for the Day
- 9 Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, Here I am. "If you take away from the midst of you the yoke, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
- 10 if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.
- 11 And the LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your desire with good things, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
- 12 And your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; you shall be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in.
- 13 "If you turn back your foot from the sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the sabbath a delight and the holy day of the LORD honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly;
- 14 then you shall take delight in the LORD, and I will make you ride upon the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
Response: Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
- 1 Incline thy ear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
- 2 Preserve my life, for I am godly; save thy servant who trusts in thee. Thou art my God; R
- 3 be gracious to me, O Lord, for to thee do I cry all the day.
- 4 Gladden the soul of thy servant, for to thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. R
- 5 For thou, O Lord, art good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on thee.
- 6 Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; hearken to my cry of supplication. R
Gospel for the Day
- 27 After this he went out, and saw a tax collector, named Levi, sitting at the tax office; and he said to him, "Follow me."
- 28 And he left everything, and rose and followed him.
- 29 And Levi made him a great feast in his house; and there was a large company of tax collectors and others sitting at table with them.
- 30 And the Pharisees and their scribes murmured against his disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?"
- 31 And Jesus answered them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick;
- 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
- Faith shines bright amid the darkness in Myanmar
- Interests and colonial legacy fuelling violence in DRC
- “Breathe, Peru” campaign ramps up fundraising to help Covid-19 patients
- Malaysian bishops oppose deportation of Myanmar refugees
- Holy See calls for easing of intellectual property barriers for Covid-19 vaccines
- Ecuador: Over 75 people killed in prison riots
- Lent: a time for renewing faith, hope and love