Readings of the Day: Satuday of the Thirty-second Week in Ordinary Time
Beloved, you are faithful in all you do for the brothers and sisters,especially for strangers.
Reading for the Day
3 John 1:5-8
- 5 Beloved, you are faithful in all you do for the brothers and sisters,especially for strangers;
- 6 they have testified to your love before the Church.Please help them in a way worthy of God to continue their journey.
- 7 For they have set out for the sake of the Nameand are accepting nothing from the pagans.
8 Therefore, we ought to support such persons,so that we may be co-workers in the truth.
Psalms 112:1-2, 3-4, 5-6
Response: Blessed the man who fears the Lord.
- 1 Blessed the man who fears the LORD,who greatly delights in his commands.
- 2 His posterity shall be mighty upon the earth;the upright generation shall be blessed. R
- 3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house;his generosity shall endure forever.
- 4 Light shines through the darkness for the upright;he is gracious and merciful and just. R
- 5 Well for the man who is gracious and lends,who conducts his affairs with justice;
- 6 He shall never be moved;the just one shall be in everlasting remembrance. R
Gospel for the Day
- 1 Jesus told his disciples a parableabout the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary.He said, "
- 2 There was a judge in a certain townwho neither feared God nor respected any human being
- 3 And a widow in that town used to come to him and say,'Render a just decision for me against my adversary.'
- 4 For a long time the judge was unwilling, but eventually he thought,'While it is true that I neither fear
- 5 God nor respect any human being,because this widow keeps bothering meI shall deliver a just decision for herlest she finally come and strike me.
- 6 '"The Lord said, "Pay attention to what the dishonest judge says.
- 7 Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen oneswho call out to him day and night?Will he be slow to answer them?
- 8 I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
- The Pope and the new Cardinals visit Benedict XVI
- Ethiopia: Government launches offensive on Mekelle
- Pope urges new cardinals to stay on the Lords road
- Cardinal Gregorys vision: protect, care for and strengthen the flock
- The Churchs new cardinals – whos who?
- Advent in a time of pandemic
- Covid: after State and Market, now is the time for Community