Readings of the Day: Monday of the Sixth Week of Easter
The Lord takes delight in his people.
Reading for the Day
Reading for the Day
- 11 Setting sail therefore from Tro'as, we made a direct voyage to Sam'othrace, and the following day to Ne-ap'olis,
- 12 and from there to Philip'pi, which is the leading city of the district of Macedo'nia, and a Roman colony. We remained in this city some days;
- 13 and on the sabbath day we went outside the gate to the riverside, where we supposed there was a place of prayer; and we sat down and spoke to the women who had come together.
- 14 One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyati'ra, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to give heed to what was said by Paul.
- 15 And when she was baptized, with her household, she besought us, saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay." And she prevailed upon us.
Psalms 149:1-6, 9
Response: The Lord takes delight in his people.
- 1 Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the faithful!
- 2 Let Israel be glad in his Maker, let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King! R
- 3 Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with timbrel and lyre!
- 4 For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with victory. R
- 5 Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their couches.
- 6 Let the high praises of God be in their throats and two-edged swords in their hands,
- 9 to execute on them the judgment written! This is glory for all his faithful ones. Praise the LORD! R
Gospel for the Day
- 26 But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me;
- 27 and you also are witnesses, because you have been with me from the beginning.
- 1 "I have said all this to you to keep you from falling away.
- 2 They will put you out of the synagogues; indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God.
- 3 And they will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me.
- 4 But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them. "I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.
- US Bishops: Systematic racism led to the death of George Floyd
- â€œWe run togetherâ€: An instance of solidarity amid trying times
- Vaticans Migrant & Refuges Section issues weekly bulletin on Covid-19
- Fr. Michael McGivney: Coronavirus victim and soon-to-be Blessed
- Philippine Bishops warn against online child sexual predators
- Nigerian Christian Association calls for security consciousness
- Bishops of Northern Ireland contest new abortion law