Readings of the Day: Monday of the Second Week in Lent
I prayed to the LORD, my God, and confessed, "Ah, Lord, great and awesome God, you who keep your merciful covenant toward those who love you and observe your commandments!
Reading for the day
Reading for the day
- 4 I prayed to the LORD, my God, and confessed, "Ah, Lord, great and awesome God, you who keep your merciful covenant toward those who love you and observe your commandments!
- 5 We have sinned, been wicked and done evil; we have rebelled and departed from your commandments and your laws.
- 6 We have not obeyed your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes, our fathers, and all the people of the land.
- 7 Justice, O Lord, is on your side; we are shamefaced even to this day: the men of Judah, the residents of Jerusalem, and all Israel, near and far, in all the countries to which you have scattered them because of their treachery toward you.
- 8 O LORD, we are shamefaced, like our kings, our princes, and our fathers, for having sinned against you.
- 9 But yours, O Lord, our God, are compassion and forgiveness! Yet we rebelled against you
- 10 and paid no heed to your command, O LORD, our God, to live by the law you gave us through your servants the prophets.
Psalms 79:8-9, 11, 13
Response: Lord, do not deal with us according to our sins.
- 8 Do not remember against us the iniquities of our forefathers; let thy compassion come speedily to meet us, for we are brought very low. R
- 9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name; deliver us, and forgive our sins, for thy name's sake! R
- 11 Let the groans of the prisoners come before thee; according to thy great power preserve those doomed to die!
- 13 Then we thy people, the flock of thy pasture, will give thanks to thee for ever; from generation to generation we will recount thy praise. R
Gospel for the day
- 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
- 37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
- 38 give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back."
- Safeguarding during Covid-19: A Victims Perspective
- Why we pray during a global pandemic
- Russia admits higher Covid-19 deathtoll amid journalist detentions
- Covid-19 and the future of the European economy
- Covid-19: Masses resume in Timor-Leste churches
- Venezuelan Bishops appeal for transformative national plan
- Webinars aim to strengthen Churchs safeguarding best practices