Readings of the Day: Monday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time
The LORD has made known his victory, he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
Reading for the Day
2 Corinthians 6:1-10
- 1 Working together with him, then, we entreat you not to accept the grace of God in vain.
- 2 For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation." Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
- 3 We put no obstacle in any one's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry,
- 4 but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: through great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities,
- 5 beatings, imprisonments, tumults, labors, watching, hunger;
- 6 by purity, knowledge, forbearance, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love,
- 7 truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left;
- 8 in honor and dishonor, in ill repute and good repute. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true;
- 9 as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as punished, and yet not killed;
- 10 as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
Response: The Lord has made known his salvation.
- 1 O sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory. R
- 2 The LORD has made known his victory, he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
- 3 He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. R
- All the ends of the earth have seen the victory of our God.
- 4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises! R
Gospel for the Day
- 38 "You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
- 39 But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also;
- 40 and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well;
- 41 and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
- 42 Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you.
- Pope Francis appeals for Lebanon on first anniversary of Beirut explosion
- Pope at Audience: There is only one Gospel
- Myanmar Church invites all religions to national prayer campaign
- DR Congo: Vandals target residence of Kinshasas Archbishop
- Pope Francis to resume General Audiences in Paul VI Hall
- Let us pray for parish priests everywhere
- Saint John Mary Vianney | Saint of the Day