Readings of the day: Monday after Epiphany
Serve the LORD with fear, with trembling kiss his feet, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way; for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2,880/-
Reading for the day
1 John 3:22--4:6
- 22 and we receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
- 23 And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
- 24 All who keep his commandments abide in him, and he in them. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he has given us.
- 1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
- 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
- 3 and every spirit which does not confess Jesus is not of God. This is the spirit of antichrist, of which you heard that it was coming, and now it is in the world already.
- 4 Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
- 5 They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
- 6 We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
Psalms 2:7-8, 10-12
Response: I will give you all the nations for an inheritance.
- 7 I will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my son, today I have begotten you.
- 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.
- 10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, with trembling
- 12 kiss his feet, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way; for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Gospel fo the day
Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25
- 12 Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee;
- 13 and leaving Nazareth he went and dwelt in Caper'na-um by the sea, in the territory of Zeb'ulun and Naph'tali,
- 14 that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
- 15 "The land of Zeb'ulun and the land of Naph'tali, toward the sea, across the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles --
- 16 the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death light has dawned."
- 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
- 23 And he went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every infirmity among the people.
- 24 So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, and paralytics, and he healed them.
- 25 And great crowds followed him from Galilee and the Decap'olis and Jerusalem and Judea and from beyond the Jordan.
- Reflections for the Feast of Corpus Christi
- When the movie Shazam taught me a thing or two about Christian Life!
- Scores die in ethnic violence between herdsmen and farmers in Mali
- Migrants and refugees. Contributions and present challenges
- Murder charges filed over downing of flight MH17
- Pope in Naples: migration and theology in the Mediterranean
- Kidnapped Catholic priest freed in Nigeria