Readings of the Day: Memorial of Saints Timothy and Titus, bishops
Proclaim God’s marvelous deeds to all the nations.
Reading for the Day
2 Timothy 1:1-8
- 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life which is in Christ Jesus,
- 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 3 I thank God whom I serve with a clear conscience, as did my fathers, when I remember you constantly in my prayers.
- 4 As I remember your tears, I long night and day to see you, that I may be filled with joy.
- 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lo'is and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you.
- 6 Hence I remind you to rekindle the gift of God that is within you through the laying on of my hands;
- 7 for God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power and love and self-control.
- 8 Do not be ashamed then of testifying to our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel in the power of God,
- 1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to further the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth which accords with godliness,
- 2 in hope of eternal life which God, who never lies, promised ages ago
- 3 and at the proper time manifested in his word through the preaching with which I have been entrusted by command of God our Savior;
- 4 To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
- 5 This is why I left you in Crete, that you might amend what was defective, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you,
Psalms 96:1-3, 7-8, 10
Response: Proclaim God’s marvelous deeds to all the nations.
- 1 O sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth!
- 2 Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. R
- 3 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!
- 7 Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength! R
- 8 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering, and come into his courts!
- 10 Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns! Yea, the world is established, it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity." R
Gospel for the Day
- 31 And his mother and his brothers came; and standing outside they sent to him and called him.
- 32 And a crowd was sitting about him; and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, asking for you."
- 33 And he replied, "Who are my mother and my brothers?"
- 34 And looking around on those who sat about him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers!
- 35 Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother."
- Faith shines bright amid the darkness in Myanmar
- Interests and colonial legacy fuelling violence in DRC
- “Breathe, Peru” campaign ramps up fundraising to help Covid-19 patients
- Malaysian bishops oppose deportation of Myanmar refugees
- Holy See calls for easing of intellectual property barriers for Covid-19 vaccines
- Ecuador: Over 75 people killed in prison riots
- Lent: a time for renewing faith, hope and love