Readings of the day: Memorial of Saint Maximilian Kolbe, Priest and Martyr
All the earth worships thee; they sing praises to thee, sing praises to thy name." Who rules by his might for ever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations -- let not the rebellious exalt themselves.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2,880/-
Reading for the day
- 1 And Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is opposite Jericho. And the LORD showed him all the land, Gilead as far as Dan,
- 2 all Naph'tali, the land of E'phraim and Manas'seh, all the land of Judah as far as the Western Sea,
- 3 the Negeb, and the Plain, that is, the valley of Jericho the city of palm trees, as far as Zo'ar.
- 4 And the LORD said to him, "This is the land of which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, `I will give it to your descendants.' I have let you see it with your eyes, but you shall not go over there."
- 5 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD,
- 6 and he buried him in the valley in the land of Moab opposite Beth-pe'or; but no man knows the place of his burial to this day.
- 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died; his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.
- 8 And the people of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days; then the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.
- 9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands upon him; so the people of Israel obeyed him, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses.
- 10 And there has not arisen a prophet since in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,
- 11 none like him for all the signs and the wonders which the LORD sent him to do in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land,
- 12 and for all the mighty power and all the great and terrible deeds which Moses wrought in the sight of all Israel.
Psalms 66:1-3, 5, 8, 16-17
Response: Blessed be God who filled my soul with fire!
- 0 To the choirmaster. A Song. A Psalm.
- 1 Make a joyful noise to God, all the earth;
- 2 sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise!
- 4 All the earth worships thee; they sing praises to thee, sing praises to thy name." R
- 7 who rules by his might for ever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations -- let not the rebellious exalt themselves. R
- 15 I will offer to thee burnt offerings of fatlings, with the smoke of the sacrifice of rams; I will make an offering of bulls and goats. R
- 16 Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for me.
Gospel for the day
- 15 "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.
- 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses.
- 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
- 18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
- 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
- 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
- Pope at Angelus: Love is always demanding
- Pope Francis on Amazon: That forest lung is vital for our planet
- â€œReligions for Peaceâ€ pledge concrete actions for common good of mankind
- Cardinal Hummes: stop the predators of the Amazonian rain forest
- UN calls for eliminating violence against religion
- Holy See-Vietnam Joint Working Group concludes talks
- Indonesia bishop urges calm in Papua, denounces racism