Readings of the day: Memorial of Saint John Chrysostom
The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; thou holdest my lot
Reading for the day
Reading for the day
1 Timothy 1:1-2, 12-14
- 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,
- 2 To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 12 I thank him who has given me strength for this, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful by appointing me to his service,
- 13 though I formerly blasphemed and persecuted and insulted him; but I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,
- 14 and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11
Response: You are my inheritance, O Lord.
- 1 Preserve me, O God, for in thee I take refuge.
- 2 I say to the LORD, "Thou art my Lord; I have no good apart from thee."
- 5 The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; thou holdest my lot. R
- 7 I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. R
- 8 I keep the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
- 11 Thou dost show me the path of life; in thy presence there is fulness of joy, in thy right hand are pleasures for evermore. R
Gospel for the day
- 39 He also told them a parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?
- 40 A disciple is not above his teacher, but every one when he is fully taught will be like his teacher.
- 41 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
- 42 Or how can you say to your brother, `Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.
- Abp. Lori: Fr McGivney was a Pope Francis priest before there was a Pope Francis
- Covid-19: UN says protecting refugees and migrants benefits all
- New charges brought in George Floyd killing as protests continue
- UN: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- Philippine Christian leaders unite against new anti-terrorism law
- Northern Ireland Assembly votes to reject Westminster abortion laws
- Ghana: With so many Christians in government, why does corruption persist?