Readings of the day: Memorial of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton
O sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
1 John 3:7-10
- 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who does right is righteous, as he is righteous.
- 8 He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
- 9 No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.
- 10 By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.
Psalms 98:1, 7-9
Response: All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God
- 1 O sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory.
- 7 Let the sea roar, and all that fills it; the world and those who dwell in it! R
- 8 Let the floods clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together
- 9 before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with equity. R
Gospel for the day
- 35 The next day again John was standing with two of his disciples;
- 36 and he looked at Jesus as he walked, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!"
- 37 The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus.
- 38 Jesus turned, and saw them following, and said to them, "What do you seek?" And they said to him, "Rabbi" (which means Teacher), "where are you staying?"
- 39 He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where he was staying; and they stayed with him that day, for it was about the tenth hour.
- 40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
- 41 He first found his brother Simon, and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which means Christ).
- 42 He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him, and said, "So you are Simon the son of John? You shall be called Cephas" (which means Peter).
- US Bishops express their grief over destruction by record flooding
- More than 1 million people face hunger as rains fail in Kenya
- Holy See: Church is committed to integral ecology of indigenous people
- Wanted: Joseph
- Pope at Audience: God seeks each one of us personally
- Pope urges support for victims of Cyclone Idai in southeast Africa
- Pope General Audience: English Summary