Readings of the day: Memorial of Our Lady of Lourdes
Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, thou art very great! Thou art clothed with honor and majesty.
Reading for the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
- 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.
- 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
- 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
- 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
- 6 And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."
- 7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so.
- 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
- 9 And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so.
- 10 God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
- 11 And God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the earth." And it was so.
- 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
- 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.
- 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years,
- 15 and let them be lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so.
- 16 And God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also.
- 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth,
- 18 to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
- 19 And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
Psalms 104:1-2, 5-6, 10, 12, 24, 35
Response: May the Lord be glad in his works.
- 1 Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, thou art very great! Thou art clothed with honor and majesty,
- 2 who coverest thyself with light as with a garment, who hast stretched out the heavens like a tent,
- 5 Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken. R
- 6 Thou didst cover it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains.
- 10 Thou makest springs gush forth in the valleys; they flow between the hills,
- 12 By them the birds of the air have their habitation; they sing among the branches. R
- 24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is full of thy creatures.
- 35 Let sinners be consumed from the earth, and let the wicked be no more! Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD! R
Gospel for the Day
- 53 And when they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennes'aret, and moored to the shore.
- 54 And when they got out of the boat, immediately the people recognized him,
- 55 and ran about the whole neighborhood and began to bring sick people on their pallets to any place where
- they heard he was.
- 56 And wherever he came, in villages, cities, or country, they laid the sick in the market places, and besought him that they might touch even the fringe of his garment; and as many as touched it were made well.