Readings of the day: Friday of the Twenty-second Week in Ordinary Time
Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the LORD is God! It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Reading for the day
Reading for the day
- 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
- 16 for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities -- all things were created through him and for him.
- 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- 18 He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.
- 19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,
- 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
Response: Come with joy into the presence of the Lord.
- 2 Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!
- 3 Know that the LORD is God! It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. R
- 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name!
- 5 For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures for ever, and his faithfulness to all generations. R
Gospel for the day
- 33 And they said to him, "The disciples of John fast often and offer prayers, and so do the disciples of the Pharisees, but yours eat and drink."
- 34 And Jesus said to them, "Can you make wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them?
- 35 The days will come, when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast in those days."
- 36 He told them a parable also: "No one tears a piece from a new garment and puts it upon an old garment; if he does, he will tear the new, and the piece from the new will not match the old.
- 37 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; if he does, the new wine will burst the skins and it will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed.
- 38 But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins.
- 39 And no one after drinking old wine desires new; for he says, `The old is good.'"
- Amazon Synod Briefing: Networking and co-responsibility
- Elections in Africa must not be a curse on the people
- Ivereigh’s Pope Francis: A “wounded shepherd” struggling to convert the Church
- Indonesian bishops expectations from Widodos second term
- Reading for the day: Wednesday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time
- Grant us grace to become a sunbeam in shadows
- Lord Jesus, we thank you for the many graces and gifts