Readings of the day: Friday of the Thirty-third Week in Ordinary Time
Then the voice which I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, "Go, take the scroll which is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."
Reading for the Day
- 8 Then the voice which I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, "Go, take the scroll which is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."
- 9 So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll; and he said to me, "Take it and eat; it will be bitter to your stomach, but sweet as honey in your mouth."
- 10 And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it; it was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter.
- 11 And I was told, "You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and tongues and kings."
Psalms 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131
Response: How sweet to my taste is your promise!
- 14 In the way of thy testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.
- 24 Thy testimonies are my delight, they are my counselors. R
- 72 The law of thy mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
- 103 How sweet are thy words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! R
- 111 Thy testimonies are my heritage for ever; yea, they are the joy of my heart.
- 131 With open mouth I pant, because I long for thy commandments. R
Gospel for the Day
- 45 And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold,
- 46 saying to them, "It is written, `My house shall be a house of prayer'; but you have made it a den of robbers."
- 47 And he was teaching daily in the temple. The chief priests and the scribes and the principal men of the people sought to destroy him;
- 48 but they did not find anything they could do, for all the people hung upon his words.
- New bishop appointed in China
- Middle East Council of Churches appeals for stability in the Caucasus
- Chilean Archbishop denounces shooting of two minors in foster home
- WMO alarmed over record CO2 levels in atmosphere
- Mexico: Festival of the Virgin of Guadalupe cancelled due to pandemic
- 28 November: an unprecedented Consistory in times of Covid-19
- Pope authorizes 8 decrees on candidates to sainthood