Readings of the day: Friday after Epiphany
Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion! For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your sons within you.
Reading for the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2,880/-
Reading for the day
1 John 5:5-13
- 5 Who is it that overcomes the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
- 6 This is he who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ, not with the water only but with the water and the blood.
- 7 And the Spirit is the witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
- 8 There are three witnesses, the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree.
- 9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for this is the testimony of God that he has borne witness to his Son.
- 10 He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne to his Son.
- 11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- 12 He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life.
- 13 I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.
Psalms 147:12-15, 19-20
Response: Praise the Lord, Jerusalem.
- 12 Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
- 13 For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your sons within you. R
- 14 He makes peace in your borders; he fills you with the finest of the wheat.
- 15 He sends forth his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly.
- 19 He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and ordinances to Israel. R
- 20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation; they do not know his ordinances. Praise the LORD!
Gospel for the day
- 12 While he was in one of the cities, there came a man full of leprosy; and when he saw Jesus, he fell on his face and besought him, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean."
- 13 And he stretched out his hand, and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately the leprosy left him.
- 14 And he charged him to tell no one; but "go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, for a proof to the people."
- 15 But so much the more the report went abroad concerning him; and great multitudes gathered to hear and to be healed of their infirmities.
- 16 But he withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.
- Pope: Franciscan life marked by fraternity, littleness, peace
- Synod for the Amazon: Instrumentum Laboris released
- Argentina investigates major power cut
- Niger: Protesters set fire to Christian Church
- Pablo Fajardo: Farmer and lawyer from the Amazon
- Forgiveness creates a world without enemies
- Pope in Camerino: Meeting with First Communion children