Readings of the day: Feast of the Holy Innocents, martyrs
Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there till I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him."
Reading fo the day
Get the world's most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading fo the day
1 John 1:5--2:2
- 5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light and in him is no darkness at all.
- 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth;
- 7 but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
- 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
- 1 My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
- 2 and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Psalms 124:2-5, 7-8
Response: Our soul has been rescued like a bird from the fowler’s snare.
- 2 if it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us,
- 3 then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us;
- 4 then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us;
- 5 then over us would have gone the raging waters.
- 7 We have escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped!
- 8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
Gospel for the day
- 13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there till I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him."
- 14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night, and departed to Egypt,
- 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt have I called my son."
- 16 Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men.
- 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah:
- 18 "A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more."
- More than 1 million people face hunger as rains fail in Kenya
- Holy See: Church is committed to integral ecology of indigenous people
- Wanted: Joseph
- Pope at Audience: God seeks each one of us personally
- Pope urges support for victims of Cyclone Idai in southeast Africa
- Pope General Audience: English Summary
- New Video on the Life of Irish Missionary, Sr. Dr.Miriam Duggan FMSA