Readings of the Day: Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter, Apostle
The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
Reading for the Day
1 Peter 5:1-4
- 1 So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ as well as a partaker in the glory that is to be revealed.
- 2 Tend the flock of God that is your charge, not by constraint but willingly, not for shameful gain but eagerly,
- 3 not as domineering over those in your charge but being examples to the flock.
- 4 And when the chief Shepherd is manifested you will obtain the unfading crown of glory.
Response: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want
- 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want;
- 2 he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; R
- 3 he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
- 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. R
- 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows.
- 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. R
Gospel for the Day
- 13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesare'a Philip'pi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?"
- 14 And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Eli'jah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
- 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
- 16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
- 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
- 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
- 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
- Faith shines bright amid the darkness in Myanmar
- Interests and colonial legacy fuelling violence in DRC
- “Breathe, Peru” campaign ramps up fundraising to help Covid-19 patients
- Malaysian bishops oppose deportation of Myanmar refugees
- Holy See calls for easing of intellectual property barriers for Covid-19 vaccines
- Ecuador: Over 75 people killed in prison riots
- Lent: a time for renewing faith, hope and love