Readings of the day: Feast of Saint Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr
Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
Reading for the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
2 Corinthians 9:6-10
- 6 The point is this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
- 7 Each one must do as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- 8 And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that you may always have enough of everything and may provide in abundance for every good work.
- 9 As it is written, "He scatters abroad, he gives to the poor; his righteousness endures for ever."
- 10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your resources and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
Psalms 112(111):1-2, 5-9
Response: Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
- 1 Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!
- 2 His descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. R
- 5 It is well with the man who deals generously and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice.
- 6 For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered for ever. R
- 7 He is not afraid of evil tidings; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.
- 8 His heart is steady, he will not be afraid, until he sees his desire on his adversaries. R
- 9 He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures for ever; his horn is exalted in honor. R
Gospel for the day
- 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
- 25 He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
- 26 If any one serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant be also; if any one serves me, the Father will honor him.
- Pope Francis receives Italian Prime Minister Conte
- Pope invites poor people to Christmas lunch
- Former Indian President in Christmas message wishes brotherhood, peace for nation
- Two Pakistani Christians sentenced to death for blasphemy
- Guatemalan migrant girl dies after crossing US/Mexico border
- US Bishops approve $4 million in grants to Church in Latin America
- Pope to artists: ‘You help the Church express its mission’