Readings of the day: Christmas Weekday
See what love the Father has bestowed on us that we may be called the children of God. Yet so we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Reading for the day
Get the world�s most loved and largest selling Catholic Missal praying and living the Eucharist in India. Fabulous Offer: 36 Issues for just Rs 2100/-
Reading for the day
1 John 2:29-3:6
- 29 If you consider that God is righteous, you also know that everyone who acts in righteousness is begotten by him.
- 1 See what love the Father has bestowed on us that we may be called the children of God. Yet so we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
- 2 Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
- 3 Everyone who has this hope based on him makes himself pure, as he is pure.
- 4 Everyone who commits sin commits lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.
- 5 You know that he was revealed to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.
- 6. No one who remains in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or known him.
Response: All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of God.
- 1 Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done wondrous deeds; His right hand has won victory for him, his holy arm.
- 3 All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation by our God. R
- 4 Sing joyfully to the LORD, all you lands; break into song; sing praise.
- 5 Sing praise to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and melodious song.
- 6 With trumpets and the sound of the horn sing joyfully before the King, the LORD. R
Gospel for the day
- 29 John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
- 30 He is the one of whom I said, 'A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.'
- 31 I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel."
32 John testified further, saying, "I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon him.
33 I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.'
34 Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God."
- Pope to Finnish delegation: Ecumenical journey is not optional
- Pope Francis suppresses Ecclesia Dei Commission
- Pope at ecumenical Vespers: Recall Gods summons to justice
- Vatican’s doctrinal office and heads of Asia’s doctrinal commissions conclude meeting
- Bhatebandar Mata Velankanni Church: Lourdes of Mumbai
- Matters of the heart
- Are we united enough in the name of Lord?