Peter’s unwavering loyalty to Jesus
Jesus questioned Peter thrice. It is not because Peter denied him three times, but Jesus wanted to emphasize Peter’s role to love and take care of the sheep as a responsible shepherd.
Do you love me? Jesus questioned Peter thrice. It is not because Peter denied him three times, but Jesus wanted to emphasize Peter’s role to love and take care of the sheep as a responsible shepherd. Jesus in his gracious compassion forgave Peter.
All that he expected Peter to do was to love and shepherd his sheep. Love is the greatest privilege in the world, but it brings along the greatest responsibility. It is one’s readiness to sacrifice one’s life for the sake of Jesus.
We cannot really love Christ unless we deny ourselves and take up his cross in our lives. We may not be able to die like St. Peter for his flock in Rome.
We may not be able to preach God’s love like St. John. We may not be able to go out to the ends of the earth like St. Paul, but each one of us can guard someone from going astray and nurture them through God’s Word and thus feed the lambs of Christ. -- Bro. P. Rose Mistika Raja
- Pope Francis meets with Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomew
- Lutheran leader: â€œWe should never take peace for grantedâ€
- Holy See calls for boosting peaceful use of nuclear energy
- Fr Barrios: EU bishops promoting human dignity in Brussels
- Zambian Bishops launch Catholic TV
- Pope at Mass: compassion is the language of God
- Readings of the day: Wednesday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time