Lord, help me to show love to all I meet
Love one another! It sounds so simple – and it is simple, but not easy. There is nothing complicated about it. John warns us not to be like Cain, who was a murder.
Sat 5th Jan 2019
Weekday of Christmas
1 Jn. 3:11-21;Ps. 100(99):2,3,4,5;Jn. 1:43-51 (Ps Wk II )
Love one another! It sounds so simple – and it is simple, but not easy. There is nothing complicated about it. John warns us not to be like Cain, who was a murder. All violence, murder, and injustice begin with a failure to love. It is very practical, for this type of love is always concerned with the well-being and happiness of the other. As we look at the violence and fear of our world today, it is due to a massive failure in love. When our lives become an expression of love, we have taken an active part in healing our world.
Nathaniel could not believe that the Messiah could come from Nazareth. After all, it was such an insignificant little village. But God does spectacular and wonderful things with humble places and people.
Nathaniel finally recognized Jesus as the Messiah and King of Israel, but Jesus said that he would see even greater things: the heavens would be opened, and Jesus would become the gateway between heaven and earth.
For us, Jesus is always our gateway to heaven – we need only call upon his name.
Lord, help me to show love to all I meet.
- More than 1 million people face hunger as rains fail in Kenya
- Holy See: Church is committed to integral ecology of indigenous people
- Wanted: Joseph
- Pope at Audience: God seeks each one of us personally
- Pope urges support for victims of Cyclone Idai in southeast Africa
- Pope General Audience: English Summary
- New Video on the Life of Irish Missionary, Sr. Dr.Miriam Duggan FMSA